Become A COLA Ambassador
The most successful off leash areas (OLAs) are those that have a formalized volunteer program that monitors each area. Volunteers who do this are called Ambassadors. They serve as a liaison between area users and the park district, reporting maintenance issues and acting as an information resource. The amount of time spent as an Ambassador is totally up to each volunteer. Yes, you can act as an Ambassador while visiting the OLA with your dog! The program is designed to complement a person’s normal off leash area use.
- Have a completed and approved application on file with COLA Friends
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Volunteer at least 1-3 hours per week
- Attend a brief orientation/ training session
Just a few of the benefits of becoming an Ambassador:
- Improve YOUR neighborhood off leash area
- Healthy exercise for you and your dog
- Meet new people / Make new friends
- Set a good example for others in our community
- Share your time, skills, and expertise
- Community Service / School credit hours
- Make a difference!
- Identify and report any maintenance and user problems to the Park Superintendent
- Facilitate user adherence to park rules and regulations through education and intervention
- Maintain information kiosk
- Remove any unauthorized advertising or postings from fence
- Check and restock poop bag boxes
- Record current usage numbers in the on site log book
- Act as a resource for other OLA users
- Participate in periodic OLA clean up and improvement/beautification days
If you’re interested in becoming an Ambassador, please send us an email: email@example.com.
By donating money to our organization it provides us the opportunity to open and maintain more off leash areas in Conejo Park district.